What We Do
Advise and invest in member companies as well as other sustainability-focused companies.
• Intellectual Property Counsel and Patent Attorney; helping clients protect and maximize their competitive advantages through aligning IP strategies and assets with business goals.
• Originate and develop low carbon energy projects, including renewable, RNG, hydrogen and energy storage projects through OP Cleantech LLC
• Advise on energy and climate policy, energy storage, and cleantech project development, strategy and investment
Projects Include: New business and market entry strategies, power generation development, low carbon technologies, retail energy customer segmentation, new technology investments, North America, Europe.
• Leads I-Corps programming as Co-PI on National Science Foundation site grant - responsible for instructor management, team recruitment, and curriculum maintenance.
• Leads George Washington University's effort to nationalize standards for angel investor verification and certification training.
• Carbon Sink is commercializing technology that combines "green" hydrogen with CO2 to create everyday products including plastics, fibers and fuel while helping to solve climate issues.
•Advisor and investor to NearStar Fusion Inc.. NearStar is developing a novel fusion concept that is simple, robust and very inexpensive.
• Offering strategic advise on clean energy and climate change for local governments, corporations, non-profits and educational institutions. Blogger providing career perspective to early to mid-career professionals.
• Examples of current work: Faculty for Maryland's Climate Leadership Academy; Juror in Solar Decathlon Europe 2019; peer reviewer in DOE Wind Powering America meeting; climate change expert for clients focused on greening their businesses.
• Carbon Technology Institute offers general management (including marketing and operations) and commercialization consulting primarily to early stage technology companies focused on the carbon to value segment.